Hair Rebonding is really a hair-styling technique which involves the flattening and straightening of hair to be able to give it a clean, streamlined, and sleek appearance. It could be accomplished by utilizing hair irons and hot combs, chemical relaxers, Japanese hair straightening, or Brazilian hair straightening. Furthermore, some shampoos, and conditioners and hair gels can help make hair temporarily straight.
Hair irons and hot combs can only just temporarily modify hair texture, whereas relaxers and one other method permanently alter the structure of the hair, although new hair growth isn’t affected. The drug interferon alpha has been reported to be shown to change hair follicles causing permanent change in a person’s hair texture.
WHAT IS HAIR REBONDING?
Hair Rebonding is a chemical hair treatment that makes your hair straight, sleek and shiny. It is a permanent procedure.
Each type of hair has a natural bond. Curly or wavy, are the result of natural bonds that give the hair its physical quality. The cream softener or relaxant used in the Hair rebonding treatment breaks the hair structure. Then a neutralizer bonds the structure again and makes hair straight. In simpler terms, the rebonding treatment changes your natural hair structure and restructures it.
Once your hair is straightened you have to touch up the new growth every three months, six months or a year, depending upon your growth.
THE PROCESS OF HAIR REBONDING:
1. Here’s the step by step approach to Hair Rebonding.
2. Hair is washed with a mild shampoo. No conditioner is applied.
3. Hair is dried completely with a blow dryer keeping it on the medium level.
4. Hair is separated into parts.
5. The cream softener or relaxant is applied to every hair shaft, keeping it straight. A thin plastic board is used to keep hair straight.
6. Cream softener or relaxant is kept on hair for at least half an hour or depending upon the hair type. Keeping it for too long may even harm hair.
7. After that hair is steamed for 10 to 40 minutes, depending upon hair type and condition, and then rinsed.
8. Hair is blow dried and then keratin lotion is applied.
9. A flat iron is used to straighten hair further and break any remaining curls. The iron should not exceed 180 degrees.
10. A ceramic iron is better than other metal irons.
11. The salon expert will iron your hair until it is satisfactorily straight and shiny.
12. Hair is again parted and a neutralizer is applied to set the bonds and stabilize the hair.
13. The neutralizer is kept for at least 30 minutes. The neutralizer is rinsed off with cold water.
14. Hair is blow dried and hair serum is applied.
15. A last touch of ironing is given with the straightening iron. Hair appears silky straight and shiny.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE STUDIED AFTER HAIR REBONDING:
1. Don’t wash your hair for minimum three days. It allows the procedure to set.
2. Don’t clip your hair, tie a rubber band or wear some other accessories in your hair for minimum three days.
3. Wear a shower cap while having a bath to prevent hair from becoming wet.
HOW EXACTLY TO TAKE CARE OF REBONDED HAIR:
1. Use a shampoo for straight hair
2. Use a conditioner every time you wash your hair
3. Apply a hair serum after towel drying hair.
4. Oil your hair regularly
5. Use natural hair masks once a week before washing your hair. You can use aloe vera gel, curd or olive oil with an egg.
6. Oil and steam your hair every fifteen days. You can wrap a towel dipped in warm water, around your hair. This will deep condition your hair.
7. Consume a balanced diet. Include nuts and sprouts in your diet.
8. Make use of a shampoo for straight hair
9. Make use of a conditioner each time you wash your hair
10. Apply a hair serum after towel drying hair.
11. Oil your hair regularly
12. Use natural hair masks once weekly before washing your hair. You should use aloe vera gel, curd with an egg.
13. Oil and steam your hair every fifteen days. You are able to wrap a towel dipped in hot water, around your hair. This may deep condition your hair.
14. Consume a balanced diet. Include nuts and sprouts in your diet.